What are Headband wigs?
Headband wigs are a combination of wigs and headbands attached in front, with the hair sewn on a soft wig cap. They are also called no lace wigs or half-wigs because they start almost halfway from your forehead while your natural hair remains in front.
Headband wigs come with adjustable straps at the back of the cap, elastic material that allows the cap to fit any head size, and tiny clips within the cap to hold onto your hair,
Advantages of Headband wigs
This wig is nicknamed 'No lace wig' because it eliminates the complex steps like plucking, gluing, bleaching, and installation associated with lace wigs. It is an easy beginner wig that you can slip on and style without any help. Headband wigs also protect your hairline from damage because there is no glue, no sew-in, or application of any harmful hair product
Headband wigs come in different styles and colors, saving you the stress of bleaching the wig to suit your features and hair color. You can also opt for whatever hairstyle you prefer in different textures and lengths.
You can wear headband wigs to cover your hairline or expose it, depending on what you want. You can place it a bit backward to show your natural hairline and well-styled edges. You can also pull it all the way forward to hide your hairline. The second option is perfect for persons who suffer hair loss or have scanty edges.
This no-lace wig is not only easy to wear; it also allows you to experiment with several styles of headbands and scarves in front of the wig.
Although it comes with unique headbands to place atop the black band, you can also buy several colors and styles of headband wigs, including African-American headbands to style your wig. Basically, your Headband can change from one day to the next as much as you want.
A Headband wig is an Easy beginner wig that is light to carry, easy to style, install, and manage. You can take off the Headband at the end of the day and fix it in a few minutes the next day.
Human hair headband wigs feel as light as natural hair and are also breathable and suitable for all seasons.
Headband wig is less expensive than lace frontal wig and other wig types. Headband wigs are machine-made, so it is more affordable. Also, when you purchase a no lace wig, you save the cost of visiting a hairstylist for wig installation and removal as you can install and remove the wig by yourself.
How are headband wigs installed?
Headband wigs are the best wigs to install because you don't need to visit a hairstylist. It is an easy beginner wig that you can install in a few minutes with no help. Here is a DIY hair extension installation process for Headband wigs.
- Brush out any knots or tangles on the Headband wig with a comb or brush. Use a wide-tooth comb for curly headband wigs, or smaller combs for thinner wigs.
- Prepare your natural hair. Weave it into cornrows, put on a wig cap, or pack it at the back. Make it as flat as possible. If you want to style your front hair, bring out all of the natural hair that you plan to style and push it out in front of your ears.
- Place the wig over the back of your head, fasten the clips that come with your wig in the back and front, and secure them tightly. Adjust the position until you feel comfortable.
- Use a clip to pack the hair up, adjust and clip the band on the back to fit your head, and then drop the hair.
- You can style the hair into a ponytail, a messy bun, or use a flat iron to stretch your straight hair. Place any colored headband of your choice over the black Headband or even go about with the original Headband. There is no limit to the styling options for this wig.
If you love your wigs beautiful, stylish, and easy, then Headband wigs should top your shopping list. You can never go wrong with such a beautiful, in-expensive, beginner-friendly wig that is going to be the rave for a long time.