1. What Is The Difference Between A Full Lace Wig and A Lace Front Wig?
Full Lace Wigs are made entirely of lace with a small patch a fabric in the crown area to assist with constructing the wig unit. 2 to 3 strands of hair is woven into each lace hole to create a seamless illusion of hair growing from your scalp for any angle.
Lace Front Wigs are made with only lace in the front. The lace in front will extend from 3 inches ear to ear and up to 6 inches. Many times sellers of lace front wigs will list their wigs in 13 inches x 4 inches or 13 inches by 6 inches.
The small patch off lace at the nape of the neck or back of the wig is only for comfort in wear. This patch of lace is not functional for up do's.
2. Can I Wear A Lace Front Wig In A High Ponytail?
You cannot wear a lace front wig in a high ponytail. The small patch of lace that is at the nape or back of the wig is not functioning scalp like looking lace area.
However, you can put the in a very loose high ponytail and use a scarf or head band to disguise that you are wearing a wig
This tutorial by Azul Hair Collection Shows how to put your lace front in a high ponytail)
3. What Type of Lace Is Best For My Complexion?
It is really important to understand the different types of lace that are used in making wigs.
The first thing to know that there is French Lace and Swiss Lace used. French lace is commonly used when making synthetic wigs. Swiss lace is a higher and softer grade of lace that is used for making human hair wigs. Try and go with Swiss lace when purchasing your wig.
Next, you need to understand that there are different colors of lace used. The most common on the market is Brown lace, Transparent Lace and HD Lace.
The best lace wig for Caucasian buyers is either Transparent lace or HD Lace.
The best lace for all other skin tones would be any of the 3 options listed above. However, I would suggest either Transparent lace or HD lace to ensure a perfect match.
You can always check the human hair suppliers photos to see about color matching the brown lace wigs. However, this is a bit risky as there are many shades of brown.
Check out this tutorial for a full detailed rundown and demonstrations of each type of lace:
4. Are All Lace Wigs Glueless?
Let's breakdown what a 'Glueless' wig is before answering.
This type of wig is worn without using super strong wig adhesive such as Ghost Bond, Bold Hold Glue or Walkers.
What is used is a strong hair gel like Got2BGlued:
As well, the wig should be sized perfectly to your head size so that it will lay flush to your scalp and not have any gaping.
Lastly, a glueless wig has a wide elastic strap installed on the inside. This will allow for your wig to be pulled down to your head - making your wig lay flat to your scalp.
SO, in answering this question. All lace wigs can be made to be worn glueless by adding and using the products mentioned above.
5. What Is The Difference Between Synthetic Hair, Remy Hair and Virgin Hair?
Synthetic Hair - this is not human hair. Technology in synthetic hair has come a long ways. However, just think - not human hair for now. There are some synthetic hair made from fine plastic. While others are a blend of animal hair and plastic.
Although the appearance is lovely, typically this hair does not last long without matting issues or heavy shedding.
Some synthetic hair sellers boast that you can apply heat and curly the hair. However, be cautions in the amount you spend for these type wigs as they are not mean to last more than a few wears.
Remy Hair - This type of hair is considered the Creme Del A Creme of human hair extensions - with the price tag to match! This hair is harvested from the cuticle of a donor and typically has been chemically treated.
This is not a bad option to purchase once you are 100% sure of the look and technology of lace wig you want to use. Therefore, this is not a great option for newbies to wigs.
Virgin Hair - This quality of hair is just as good as Remy hair. Although this hair is not harvested from the cuticle of a donor, it not chemically treated. Imagine taking a long ponytail and cutting it right at wear the hair band is. That is Virgin hair - plain and simple.
It is more affordable but great long lasting quality option for a new wig buyer.
6. What Type Of Hair Is The Best To Buy In A Lace Wig?
This really depends on your budget!
For starters, I would go with a lace front wig in virgin hair extensions. These type wigs are reasonably priced and great quality for use up to 2 years.
Here is a little trick to save you some online search time
Click The Photo
7. Are The Lace Wigs in The Beauty Supply Stores The Same As Online Wigs?
That is a big fat no! Your run of the mill beauty supply store is not going to carry the same quality as a boutique retailer online. The reason is that online retailers of wigs usually source unique product and stand by their quality.
Do not get my wrong here, there are 'Shady" online sellers out there but just read the fine print of each product. Ensure it is Virgin hair and good lace. As well, read the reviews of a store to be sure. Lastly, make sure to check their return policy!
Click Photo To Get Your How To Buy Hair Extension Guide
8. Are Aliexpress Wigs Quality Lace Wigs?
The short answer is - They Can Be!
What can I say..they just do it faster, cheaper and with better skills.
Again, you will need to pay close attention to details and customer reviews when ordering.
9. Are Amazon Lace Wigs Quality Wigs To Purchase?
Checking the details of the lace wigs is important. You want to check if it is virgin or remy hair (not a blend of hair). Also, you want to check their reviews. The beauty of shopping with Amazon.com is their great return policy - so you risk is pretty low.
10. What Type Of Lace Wig Glue Should I Use?
The most commonly used brands are:
Ghost Bond, Bold Hold and Walker brands.
Click the photos to shop these brands.
11. How Long Do Lace Wigs Lasts?
Lace wigs made from Virgin or Remy hair should last up to 2 years with proper care. Synthetic lace wigs have a shorter shelf life of up to 2 months.
12. Which Is Better A 13x6 Lace Front Wig or A 13x4 Lace Wig?
It is all about the parting!
13x6 lace front wigs are more appreciated for their flexibility in style and parting. A 13x4 lace front unit is not a bad option but it is preferred 13x6 lace front units.
13. What Is The Difference Between A 360 Lace Wig and A Full Lace Wig?
There is a difference! That difference is lace space.
Check out these layouts:
If you can not afford the full lace a 360 unit is a great 2nd best! Receive all the benefits of a full lace wig without the high price.
14. Is French Lace Or Swiss Lace Better?
Not everything is beautiful in France..
This boils down to the facts of quality versus cost. Typically, synthetic lace wigs are made from French lace. In saying that, French lace is less expensive. Also, you get what you pay for. French lace will not sit comfortable. As well, you will see from the comparison photo below that French lace has larger holes. Which means that the overall appears of a wig unit made of French lace will look less natural.
On the contrary, Swiss lace is a more fine and thinner lace. It has the ability to lay more flush to the scalp. As well, the holes in this lace are much much smaller. Which means, that weaving hair through the hole will allow for more of a 'growing out of your scalp' like appearance.
Swiss lace is the preferred choice of hairstylist across the industry. As well as its users. Also, Swiss lace comes in different color and even more thin options.
15. Can You Trust A Beauty Influencers Lace Wig Reviews?
The world of influencing has taken social media by storm! Influencers are the newest and rated the top way to reach buyers and educate them about products. When it comes to the hair industry. There is no exception. The issue most find is the 'trust factor'.
Can we trust that the influencers are giving a proper review or are they just telling us what we want to hear. It is a REAL problem.
When evaluating to purchase hair extensions from a company online. It is important to have a safety checklist. This blog outlines some easy guidelines to follow to on How NOT to buy bad hair extensions.
In a nutshell, do not only rely on the influencer but also rely on the Google Business reviews and social media comments and reviews. What you want to see is actual customers tagging their photos and creating reviews not label *promotion or *advertisement.
***********************More Answers To Come - Subscribe***************************
16. Should I Purchase My Wig With Bleached Knots?
18. Can I Convert Any Lace Wig Into A Glueless Lace Wig?
19. Can You Wear A Glueless Lace Wig In A High Ponytail?
20. What Are The Different Types Of Lace Wigs?
21. Why Are There So Many Options Of Lace Wigs?
22. What Type Of Lace Wigs Are Best If I Have Alopecia?
23. What Type Of Lace Wigs Are Best If I Suffer From Hair Loss Do To Cancer?
24. How Do I Wear A Lace Wig If I Already Have Long Hair?
25. Are Wig Caps Required To Wear A Lace Wig?
26. How Do You Remove Lace Wig Glue Without Damaging My Hair Or The Lace Wig?
27. Why Are There So Many Lace Wig Companies?
28. How Much Should I Pay For A Lace Front Wig?
29. How Much Should I Pay For A Full Lace Wig?
30. How Much Should I Pay For A 360 Lace Wig?
31. What Is A Closure Lace Wig?
32. How Do You Apply A Closure Lace Wig?
33. Is A Upart Wig The Same As A Closure Wig?
34. How Do I Apply A Upart Wig?
35. How Do I Know What Cap Size To Order For A Lace Wig?
36. Can You Use Hair Color On Lace Wigs?
37. How Do You Wash A Lace Wig?
38. What Is The Quickest Way To Ruin A Lace Wig?
39. How Do I Apply A Lace Wig?
40. Are All Lace Wigs The Same?
41. Can I Make My Own Lace Wig?
42. Do I Have To Have A Professional Stylist Install My Lace Wig?
43. How To Select The Right Hairline For My Lace Wig?
44. How Do I Know I Received A Bad Lace Wig?
45. Is It Okay To But A Used Lace Wig?
46. Can I Replace The Lace Area Of A Lace Wig?
47. How Do I Cut The Lace On A Wig?
48. Can I Cut The Hair On A Lace Wig?
49. How Do I Apply A Full Lace Wig?
50. Are Glueless Wigs Really Glueless?
51. How Long Does A Lace Wig Installation Last?
52. Can I Install A Lace Wig With No Experience?
53. What Density Lace Wig Should I Purchase?
54. Should I Use Make-Up On My Lace Wig?
55. Why Does My Lace Wig Keep Lifting?
56. Are Velvet Lace Wig Grips A Good Option?
57. Should I Use Hair Spray On My Lace Wig?
58. Can I Wear A Hat On Top Of My Lace Wig?
59. Can I Leave My Edges Out When Wearing A Lace Wig?
60. How Should I Store A Lace Wig?
61. Can I Use Heat Styling Tools On A Lace Wig?
62. Can I Swim In My Lace Wig?
63. What Type Of Lace Wigs Do Celebrities Wear?
64. Are Lace Wigs Only For Black Women?
65. When Was The First Lace Wig Created?
66. Are Lace Wigs Considered An Accessory?
67. Does Wearing A Lace Wig Portrays That I Do Not Have Long Hair?
68. Is A Lace Wig Only For People Without Hair?
69. How Do I Take Care Of My Natural Hair When Wearing A Lace Wig?
70. Why Does My Lace Wig Look Less Natural Than Other Lace Wigs I See?
71. Can I Install A Full Lace Wig Without Help?
72. Can I Sew My Lace Wig Down?
73. Does A Lace Wig Feel Like A Sew In?
74. Do I Always Have To Braid My Hair Down When Wearing A Lace Wig?
75. Do You Think My Partner Will Notice I Am Wearing A Wig?
76. If My Wig Is Glued Down Could It Be Pulled Off If I Am In A Fight?
77. Are Lace Wigs Good For Athletes?
78. Do Lace Wigs Create A Lot Of Heat When Wearing Them?
79. If I Wear To Ride A Roller Coaster, Could My Lace Wig Come Off?
80. Can I Lengthen My Lace Wig?
81. What Is A HD Lace Wig?
82. How Are Lace Wigs Made?
83. Do White Women Wear Lace Wigs?
84. Do Men Wear Lace Wigs?
85. How Do I Test That My Lace Wig Is Undetectable?
86. What Should I Do If My Lace Wig Begins To Lift And I Am Not Home?
87. Should I Lie That I Am Wearing A Lace Wig?
88. How Much Do Celebrities Spend On Lace Wigs?
89. How Many Lace Wigs Should I Own?
90. Is It Better To Purchase A Long Lace Wig or A Short Lace Wig?
91. Are Pre Colored Wigs Better Than Coloring A Lace Wig Myself?
92. Should I Purchase A Wig Stand To Style My Lace Wigs?
93. What Is The Most Commonly Purchase Lace Wig Texture?
94. How Do I Know That It Is Time To Get A New Wig?
95. Can I Use Clip In Hair Extension On A Lace Wig?
96. What Should I Do If My Wig Comes Off While Having Sex?
97. Should I Remove My Wig Everyday?
98. Do I Need To Color The Lace On A Lace Wig?
99. Is It Hard To Wear A Lace Wig Everyday?
100. How Do I Pluck A Lace Wig Hair Line To Match My Hairline?
101. Should I Buy A Lace Wig Or Make A Lace Wig?